dist-git proof of concept phase 1 complete

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 20:49:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 08:22:09PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
 > On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 19:21 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
 > > git clone git://publictest5.fedoraproject.org/git/pkgs/kernel
 >
 > This was the wrong path:
 >
 > git clone git://publictest5.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/kernel

I'm on vacation, but I couldn't resist taking a look-see.

Something looks odd. It appears to have collapsed every CVS branch
onto the master git branch instead of making a new branch for each
CVS branch.

Running git log on the master branch should only show the commits
that happened to HEAD in cvs.

This might not matter much for most packages, but the kernel does
have a lot of (mostly useless) branches, so the history looks
a bit messy.

	Dave