Re: packages requiring me to reboot...

So again today, I see some updates two of which require a full system reboot.

nfs-utils and ibus-rawcode. My system seriously needs to be shut down for those to be properly updated? This is what I don't get. nfs-utils never got a system reboot before, it doesn't get one on RHEL/Centos boxes... What requires a reboot here? Again, I don't want the tone of this email to come off as anger, rude or whatever, mainly I'm wondering why so many packages require a reboot, why isn't nfs-utils just restarting any services it has or that depend on it if needed? Is that not reliable?