Re: packages requiring me to reboot...

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Chris Adams wrote:

Once upon a time, Seth Vidal <skvidal fedoraproject org> said:
we're talking about the experienced user who is comfortable knowing what
does and does not need a reboot.

It seems though that there is a problem with how the "needs a reboot"
option is set (and if that is the case, it should be addressed).  For
example, in the nfs-utils case, what happened to having the %post
scriptlet do "service foo condrestart"?  Is it impossible to restart the
daemons?

well nfs restarts have never been likely to work if something is mounted iirc.

but I'm not the nfs expert here - maybe steve dickson can better answer this.
-sv