Re: packages requiring me to reboot...

----- Original Message ----- From: "nodata" <lsof nodata co uk> To: "Development discussions related to Fedora" <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: packages requiring me to reboot...

Am 2009-12-16 18:21, schrieb Seth Vidal:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, nodata wrote:

we're talking about the experienced user who is comfortable knowing what
does and does not need a reboot.

All I'm saying is - we've not taken away any option, the experienced
user can do what they want.

-sv

True, but the default should be sensible.

And the default is sensible for the inexperienced user:

Don't try to explain to the user how to restart the apps individually,
tell them to bounce the box and it will be the right version when it
comes back.

-sv

On the other hand I think requiring more reboots than Windows is a bad thing...

windows update will automatically reboot your system when it automatically updates it windows tried the optional stuff but now almost every case it requires a restart.