Re: packages requiring me to reboot...

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Ewan Mac Mahon <ewan macmahon me uk> wrote:

> That would fail pretty badly in the case of Firefox with multiple
> windows open.

True; there's nothing stopping us from adding something
Firefox-specific as a short term measure, since how it does session
saving is fairly unique right now (ideally we add a nice API for this
to GTK+ which then has to be mirrored in XUL).   Killing the process
though has the downside of triggering the "Well, that was
embarassing..." which is arguably a Firefox bug though.

Anyways, "the perfect is the enemy of the good", etc.