Re: Question about a lib requires

Nicoleau Fabien wrote:
Hi,
I'm packaging a software that requires :
/usr/bin/jpegtran (provided by libjpeg) and /usr/bin/tiffinfo (provided
by libtiff).

If I explicitely put libjpeg and libtiff in Requires, rpmlint complains
because I don't let RPM find the libs.

Is there a way to include these requires properly ? (like adding
directly /usr/bin/jpegtran and /usr/bin/tiffinfo in Requires).

Regards,

Fabien NICOLEAU

Yes.

Requires: /usr/bin/jpegtran
Requires: /usr/bin/tiffinfo

Does it really just need the binaries and not the libs, just that rpm would auto-Require the libjpeg and libtiff RPMs?

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love