dist-git proof of concept phase 2 ready for testing

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 21:02:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

> We definitely want to allow topic branches pushed to the main repo.  I
> think we'll have to agree on a namespace to use for these, perhaps
> following the dist-cvs example and call them private-*
>
> The way the ACL system works is that it matches on the refs you're
> pushing up, so for packages that have per-branch ACLs only the refs that
> match the branch have ACLs on them, and the assumption is that without
> an ACL you have no rights to it.  That's likely why your push failed,
> but I'd like to see the message to confirm.

$ git push origin private-topic-branch
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
W refs/heads/private-topic-branch plymouth rstrode DENIED by fallthru
error: hooks/update exited with error code 255
error: hook declined to update refs/heads/private-topic-branch
To ssh://rstrode@pkgs.stg.fedoraproject.org/plymouth
 ! [remote rejected] private-topic-branch -> private-topic-branch
(hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://rstrode@pkgs.stg.fedoraproject.org/plymouth'

--Ray