v4l applications

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 12:56:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2009/12/5 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>:
>> > There are some old v4l applications that do not work in Fedora 12.
>> >
>> > I found so far fmtools and gnomeradio.
>> I will have a look on fmtools in ew days, but until then, patches
>> welcomed.
>>

> The current fmtools developer, Ben Pfaff, told me he would send me a patch
> soon. I will test it and then forward it to you.

Well, Ben Pfaff sent me a new version, and I have a src.rpm here:

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/src/fmtools-2.0-2.fc12.src.rpm

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/SPECS/fmtools.spec

I also rewrote the spec file for including tkradio, a tcl/tk wrapper for
fmtools.

In my case, I need to call

 /usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/radio0 volume mute off

to unmute my radio (v4ctl is from xawtv).

I reported this issue to Ben Pfaff, but at least fmtools is up again.

If someone with a different capture card could test this new version,
it would be great.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti