Re: Pyclutter Timelines -- what am I missing?

On Sat 19 December 2009 10:58:26 pm you wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to use Pyclutter to get a nice working interface for
>  Fedora-tour since standard pygtk doesn't really fit the needs for the
>  dynamic user interface we want to create.
>
> Unfortunately, the code I'm trying to use to create a Timeline doesn't
>  work, and the documentation on pyclutter seems to be fairly sparse.

Alright, so I dropped the timeline for now, working to get a simple UI to at
least show up, without the timeline support; now I have a segfault
(wonderful!) in the _clutter.so which pyclutter calls. I'm not sure how to get
a useful backtrace out of this from python code, unfortunately.

What follows is my code:

window is created in the method that calls this constructor, it's a fresh
window with only window.show() called on it.

def __init__(self,window):
        pdb.set_trace()
        self.window = window
        self.window.set_decorated(False)
        self.window.resize(400,200)
        self.window.set_position(gtk.WIN_POS_CENTER_ALWAYS)

        embed = cluttergtk.Embed()

        fedoraLogoActor = clutter.Texture("../data/fedora-tour-splash.svg")

        self.window.add(embed)

        embed.realize()
        embed.set_size_request(400,200)
        stage = embed.get_stage()
        stage.add(fedoraLogoActor)

        self.window.show_all()

        gtk.main()

the pdb trace tells me that the segfault occurs at self.window.show_all()...
Any ideas/guidance would be MUCH appreciated :) thanks

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer

New Mail address: phrkonaleash gmail com -> ry n rix si !!
http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash gmail com          | MSN: phrkonaleash yahoo com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh irc freenode net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.