Re: dist-git proof of concept phase 2 ready for testing

Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'm not a real fan of allowing official builds to happen from branches
> like this.

So what do you suggest doing in such a case? Temporarily reverting the F-n
branch to the old release, build, then bump it up again? This sounds really
suboptimal to me (in addition to being a regression from our current CVS
setup, which does allow creating such branches)! Branching is really part of
what VCSs are for.

        Kevin Kofler