Re: rpm cpio error: prelink and SBCL

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Jerry James <loganjerry gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub redhat com> wrote:
>> You need to first prelink -u on a copy of the program, then
>> run it and let it dump itself, then package it up.
>
> Ah, thanks.

FWIW, this didn't work.  It solved the problem with generating
uninstallable RPMs, but the binary RPM contains a pristine SBCL image.
 I know a good image was dumped, because it is executed during the
build to generate some auxiliary files.  I see it running in the log,
so something about the binary RPM generation stripped out all the
built stuff and threw it away.  So far, the only successful build came
from a spec file with this entry:

%global __prelink_undo_cmd %{nil}

--
Jerry James