All I want for Christmas is digiKam 1.0 in F12-stable...

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:01:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 11:46 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
>
> > digiKam 1.0.0 was released today.  I think a lot of us are running
> > 1.0-beta 6 installed via yum.   Would it be possible to get 1.0.0 into
> > F12 stable prior to Christmas ?
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/digikam-1.0.0-1.fc12
>
> stable that quickly? I'd feel a bit uncomfortable without at least some
> testing and positive feedback.

Nice job providing a means for installation without building from source
and so quickly.  Good work.

As for installation, doing a straight rpm -i over the -beta6 install
resulted in a slew of error messages regarding file conflicts.  I did a
yum remove digikam and then an rpm -i and everything worked fine.

Thanks again.