Re: ABRT considered painful

2009/12/30 Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at>:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> What's wrong with ABRT?
>
> My main beef with it is that it reports its crashes to the downstream bug
> tracker when really the right people to fix them are the upstream
> developers. KCrash/DrKonqi is much better there.

Probably because we need to determine whether the issue is
Fedora-specific (packaging bug) or is also replicated in the vanilla
version before we create more noise on upstream's bug tracker. Hence
why kernel developers usually ask if bugs can be reproduced from
Linus' tree.

Cheers

--
Christopher Brown