Why do we disable esd in libgnome?

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:49:15 UTC 2009

But when you break something as major as libgnome, steps should be taken to
ease the transition. Perhaps the function could be forwarded? I'm not really
much of a programmer, but I recognize that you can't just break
functionality in core libraries like that and expect everyone to fix their
apps up "just like that." Fowarding the function (for compatibility
purposes) while deprecating it would probably be more ideal. In any case,
that's just my two cents...