RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Feb 4 05:13:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 14:21 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Here's another proposal: during first boot prompt the user to
> > change the default to no-blink, explain the benefits, tell
> > them how to switch back if they don't care for it. This way
> > nobody will get frustrated or will be surprised their system
> > no longer works the way they expect it to.
>
> Where does the stupid come from?

If you refer to my earlier comment, again, it wasn't directed
at anyone. All I wanted to say is that a blanket statement like
"in Fedora tradition is not an argument" does not hold water.

It's like saying "in Fedora we don't care to learn from the past".
That wouldn't be smart :)

I was frustrated, and I was too direct and obscure.
If it was taken personal I apologize.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.