Changing name of ISO checksum file

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Feb 5 22:23:24 UTC 2009

On Thu February 5 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 10:00 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > Not for me, because I want to store my .iso collection in one directory
> > together with their hash files, therefore they need to have different
> > names.
>
> Ah.  That typically makes things like NFSISO installs.. harder.  Subdirs
> are evil?

Why does this make things harder, given that the .iso files already have
different names, too. Subdirs are in my use case often annoying, because they
do not allow to easily spot which .iso files I already have and they also
require more work if I want to boot different .iso files in a vm, i.e.
adjusting not only the .iso name, but also the path. Also copying only the
required .iso files to some drive with limited capacity is easier with a flat
directory structure. I guess the only directory structure that could be useful
for me, would be one, where the DVD and CD images are separted, so that I can
easily download only the DVD and Live images for some release and
architecture.

Regards,
Till