Packaging Request: Prover

David A. Wheeler dwheeler at dwheeler.com
Wed Feb 11 22:45:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Christopher Brown <snecklifter gmail com> wrote:
> Then we can remove it from:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList#Formal_Methods_WishList
> No?

Jerry James replied:
> Yes, and also Coq, and Why / Caduceus / Krakatoa.

I've updated wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList#FormalMethods.

FYI, I've just opened a new website:
  http://www.openproofs.org
which exists to encourage the development of "open proofs".
The site defines these as software "where all of the following are FLOSS:
    * the entire implementation
    * automatically-verifiable proof(s) of at least one key property, and
    * required tools (for use and modification)."

To make this practical, we need to have many formal methods tools
packaged for easy installation and use on common distros.  On this page:
  http://www.openproofs.org/wiki/Packaging_status
we identify promising tools, and who's packaging them for various
systems - including Fedora.  My thanks to the folks who've helped
package some of them already.

If anyone wants to help package anything not already packaged,
please let me know!!

--- David A. Wheeler