superseded update packages should be preserved

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Fri Feb 13 05:28:30 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:02:26 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: superseded update packages should be preserved

yersinia wrote:
> In fact it is strange - for me almost - that exist only the pre release
> with version 54.fc10 in the core repo, that if i want can install , and
> not exist on the update repo all the following release. A space problem ?

No, it's just how things are set up, only the GA version and the latest
update are available, not intermediate updates. The compose tools
intentionally only keep the latest version from each branch.

        Kevin Kofler

So you are saying it is in fact a bug in Bodhi? Clearly it is a bug someplace, lets start there.

In the past we have heard something along the lines of "<blah blah> Disk space <blah blah blah> mirrors will get pissed."

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |