Component 'b' in bugzilla - I shouldn't be owner

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:48:14 UTC 2009

Stephen Warren wrote:
> On Fri, February 13, 2009 11:38 am, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Next step is to get it out of bugzilla.  This requires:
>> 1) Moving any open or closed bugs against 'b' to a different package.
>> 2) Opening a bug in bugzilla.redhat.com against bugzilla to have an
>> admin remove the package.
>
> FYI, when unison was split to unison213 and unison227, I followed step (2)
> to get rid of the old unison. The bug sat untouched for ages, the was
> closed "will not fix" because the bugzilla admins claimed Fedora people
> needed to do it, not them.

And they were right.  These are two different usages.

For the "b" package -- it's not a real package.  There's no cvs
directory for it.  There's no package in the wild for it.  Therefore it
can be removed from the package database.  Then it can be removed from
bugilla.

For the unison* packages, packages with all three names have been built.
 There's rpms in the archives repos.  There's cvs modules for all of
them (even if one is marked as a dead package).  So they cannot be
removed from the packagedb.  If they are not removed from the packagedb,
then the packagedb will create them in bugzilla if they do not exist.
So unison cannot be removed from bugzilla.

-Toshio