Status of gconf -> dconf

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Feb 24 18:54:40 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> said:
> Dude I'm going to blow your mind: The filesystem is a database. Locking,
> atomic transactions and crash recovery (journaling), access control,
> efficient storage and retrieval of data. Same set of issues.

I'm with you for a lot of this, but I have to say that I don't think
"atomic transactions" are a feature of general purpose filesystems.  If
I store my configuration data with one-value-per-file, how do I
atomically update multiple values?  How do I have a transaction that
rolls back changes if changing value #9 of 10 fails?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>