Ready for new RPM version?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Feb 28 01:53:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 02:31 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

Branch alert!

> They were only able to do this that reliably because Fedora did all the
> testing for them. ;-) Python 2.6 and X server 1.6 are old news for us.

I don't think it's that simple, but...OK, whatever.

> That said, Tcl/Tk 8.6 is interesting, we're still stuck at 8.5 in
> Rawhide. :-( Given the amount of legacy Tcl/Tk software in Fedora, I'm not
> sure upgrading to a beta version (which is what 8.6 still is) is that great
> an idea (8.5 caused enough problems when we moved to it), but still, we're
> lagging behind there. :-(

That was mine, actually. It's quite a good example. I did a private
build of Tcl/Tk 8.6, then over the course of a couple of weeks, patched,
rebuilt and tested every Tcl/Tk-based app in the distro, then pushed
them to Cooker in a lump. Was this, in a sense, a 'cookerer'? I guess
so. But it did the job, and I don't think there would have been any
benefit in pushing the updated Tcl before I was done testing the
rebuilds.

There's probably a few issues lurking, but mostly it went OK. Anyhoo.
Off-topic here...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey