Re: Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Brennan Ashton wrote:

You can avoid some of that with LVM.   And while I DO NOT recommend
it, with some tweaking you could get all of this on one partition, but
I guess I dont get your point.

Sure you can... theoretically you can get all of them on one physical partition.

Theoretically you can put swap on a file in the root partition and put /boot on the /root partition.

That theory doesn't make it a good idea... in fact... you'd have to be a moron to do such a thing.

I tend to just ignore my physical partition lay out (various dual boots over time have left it in
shambles MS will only look in certain places), and just let LVM do its
magic. With just three partitions I have XP, F8, F9, F10.

Yowza... hope you don't keep any valuable data on those partitions.

Lyos Gemini Norezel