Asus Laptop Fn-Keys and HAL

Hi

I want to configure my Asus laptop's Fn volume keys as they do not
currently work in Fedora.

Looking in the 30-keymap-module-asus-laptop.fdi file I can see it
expects there to be an "Asus Extra Buttons" device, however when I do
a:

#  lshal | grep Asus

I see no such device. The asus_laptop kernel seems to be loaded
however, because I can see the following two lines in dmesg:

asus-laptop: Asus Laptop Support version 0.42
asus-laptop:   F3Sr model detected

I am new to HAL. How do I debug this?

Regards,
Mat