dotted rectangles on all gui

Hello there,

I'm encountering a weird bug with alliance. From the same fedora rpm,
I've installed alliance into different hardware configurations:
- i386, x86_64
- ati, nvidia

In the layout editor, viewer or schemtatic editor from alliance, the text in the
menus is missing. Instead, dotted rectangles appear where characters should be.

However it only appears to be a random bug since not on every hardware
configurations it is working.

Version-Release number of selected component

I have gathered a list of all the rpms installed on 2 boxes (working
and not_working)

Can you please help me troubleshoot this bug ?
dinotrace which appears to be developed the same way as alliance
doesn't suffer from this weird bug