Re: Atlas and lapack provide the same library..compiled differently... is that a problem?

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:
> Note also that building against lapack means that you package
> installation may pull in atlas to satisfy the blas requirement of
> lapack. Or it may pull in the blas package (a subpackage of lapack
> which has a different blas implementation).

This is the sort of thing that concerns me.  But I can't reproduce the
reported problem and that unnerves me even more.  If this were a
fragile dep resolution  and linker logic interaction, that just
happens to work in the default install situations.. i should be able
to break it  by doing weird things like forcing nodep package erases
by hand and then asking yum to resolve deps.   But I can't.

-jef