Checking repos for conflicting duplicates (was: Re: sound problems)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:13:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:40:42 +0530, Rahul wrote:

> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >> You could simply run a script
> >
> > Which one? If there are conflicts they are at file level which is
> > (was?) always a problem for the main Fedora repos within themselves,
> > too.
>
> Check a list of package names. That will catch the many obvious
> duplicates in your repo now. It is not that hard to look over the whole
> list manually either. We will worry about filenames later.

Not too hard? And still we've had conflicting duplicates in the
Fedora review queue as well as within the Fedora package collection.
Sometimes it's just the package names that differ (despite
the existing package naming guidelines). Other times the files
within the packages are stored in different locations.