Re: Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:49:20 -0500, Casey Dahlin wrote

I haven't looked at the code for grub2 myself, but most of the people
I talk to that have cringe when they mention it. The people I talk to
tend to be heavily involved in the boot process. As a piece of
software engineering, it hasn't earned many fans among those most
concerned with the change as far as I can tell.

Having looked at the code for GRUB(1) in order to figure out how to
properly boot Solaris I can't say that it makes me happy, either.

Is there such a thing as a bootloader that has nice and easy
to read code?

Probably not. Hacks are pretty much part of the job (this is where we keep our chickens and eggs).

--CJD