improve-relatime.patch dropped from F10

Matthew Garrett mjg at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 00:54:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 02:16:40PM -0500, Ricardo Argüello wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:33:57AM -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >
> > relatime is supported in the stock kernel, but without the heuristic
> > that avoids tmpreaper deleting your files at inappropriate times. It
> > should cause failure.
>
> Would the "improved relatime" patch solve that problem?

Huh. I actually meant "shouldn't cause failure" there, in terms of it
still being a valid mount option. The improved relatime code adds that
heuristic, which avoids the tmpreaper failure. I'm trying to get it
upstream, at which point I'll backport it - I'm not enthusiastic about
carrying it around as a custom modification forever.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org