Re: ssh private key password

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 23:42 +0100, nodata wrote:
No, I'm just getting annoyed that a GUI is popping up when I am using a
command line app. Not sure of the point of it, it seems counter
intuitive.

You're using a command line app from a graphical terminal.

...but according to Ricky Zhou:
From the ssh-add manpage:

     DISPLAY and SSH_ASKPASS
             If ssh-add needs a passphrase, it will read the passphrase from
             the current terminal if it was run from a terminal.

...so shouldn't it use the terminal in this case? (isatty() thinks Konsole and xterm are terminals, at any rate.)

--
Matthew
We apologize for the inconvenience. -- God's Last Message to Creation (as reported by Douglas Adams in the Hitchhiker's Guide series)