Re: ssh private key password

Jerry Amundson wrote:
On 1/8/09, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 23:42 +0100, nodata wrote:
No, I'm just getting annoyed that a GUI is popping up when I am using a
command line app. Not sure of the point of it, it seems counter
intuitive.
If you don't want this, you can turn it off with
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/gnome-keyting/daemon-components/ssh false

Users, naturally, would not "want this" - it's intrusive and
completely unnecessary. In the Windows world, IT staff would be be
bombarded with virus warnings.

Please, make "false" the default.

You don't speak on my behalf, please. I do prefer this as a user.

Rahul