Re: ssh private key password

Kevin Kofler píše v Pá 09. 01. 2009 v 04:11 +0100:
> Jerry Amundson wrote:
> > Users, naturally, would not "want this" - it's intrusive and
> > completely unnecessary. In the Windows world, IT staff would be be
> > bombarded with virus warnings.
> >
> > Please, make "false" the default.
>
> Uh, a GUI prompt for the passphrase is a feature. It also gets used when you
> use SSH from a GUI app, such as a client for a version control system. I
> don't see how this is a problem.

But it is annoying when it asks for password-phrase even if I use ssh
keys without password. It changed between F9 and F10 and I didn't now
since this mail thread why it started open new window when I use command
line.

I am voting for default false too or to put it to FAQ or Release Notes
to F10.

Pavel

--
Pavel Lisy <pavel lisy gmail com>