Re: AMD Video BIOS Disassembler and ATi RS485

2009/1/10 Joshua C. <joshuacov googlemail com>:

> I've done it. Thank you for the help.

I did some more test with the machine with 4GB memory. When I remove 2Gb then
it works fine. No problems at all, but with 4GB the problem occurs again. I
tried setting radeon.gartsize=32/64/128/256 (in bios it is set to 128MB) and
the computer boots without problems. Even with gartsize=256.

This makes me think that the xserver cannot determine the gartsize when
starting up, because the kms works in all the cases, until the moment the
xserver should be started. In my case the xserver needs to see any value set to
gartsize in order to start properly.