Problems with X font handling

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jan 12 20:33:29 UTC 2009

Le lundi 12 janvier 2009 à 17:17 -0300, Horst H. von Brand a écrit :
> Lots of X programs (xemacs, xlogo, xfig) complain of missing fonts (and end
> up using some cheesy default font). I reported this originally against
> xemacs (at 478999), and now changed it to xorg-x11 as I believe this is a
> better match. xfontsel has only 4 fonts to exhibit now in all. This is
> probably due to the ongoing font handling overhaul in rawhide.

Not really, this is older and due to removal of all the legacy font
packages from the default install set. Apps that still need them need to
grow the associated deps.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shipping_fonts_in_Fedora_%28FAQ%29#Fedora_fonts_are_broken_anyway.2C_my_application_crashes.21

--
Nicolas Mailhot