Re: BTRFS 0.17 in rawhide (at some point)

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 07:31:59AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> >> http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Getting_started
> >>
> >> Btrfs has built in snapshotting, subvolumes and RAID support, so lots
> >> of fun new things to tinker with.

> >  * Simple home user backup that takes advantage of snapshots
> >  * RPM/Yum integration for rollbacks
>
> All of these seem like F12 topics to me.

  As for backup, the code is already written (cron job snapshotting and
nautilus extension for GUI). It's here:
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/jds/time-slider/

  It may need adjustment to uset btrfs snapshotting mechanism, but
apart from this logic and UI is implemented.

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg chrome pl                                          72->|   80->|