Re: Lua module packages are not multi-lib, how to do?

2009/1/14 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet gmail com>
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 08:25 +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Hello Fedora.
>
> I've just realized that the Lua module packages that I maintain, which
> include a Lua module in form of a .so shared object, are not available
> as multi-lib. I can only ever install the x86_64 version on my machine,
> yum and packagekit do not provide the i386 version.
>
> As an example take lua-posix, it provides /usr/lib64/lua/5.1/posix.so.
> Probably this does not match some pattern to make it understood as
> multi-lib. Is there a way I can force this package to be pushed as
> multi-lib package? Or is it a bug in my spec files and it should already
> have been recognized as multi-lib?

All multilib means is that the 64-bit repo contains 32-bit packages as
well as the normal 64-bit packages. By default only packages with a
-devel subpackage are considered multilib; I think you need to log a
request with releng to make other packages multilib. And even then
you'll need a good reason for them to make it so.

Sure ? httpd-devel exists but in the x86_64 branch does not exist httpd i386. Or it is  an exception ? And if so why ?