Re: comps discussion at fudcon and the future

seth vidal wrote:
- users expect groups to be more persistent on their systems and to act
  more like pkgs (ie: yum update should update groups, too)

Um... Finding out about new packages is fine, but having it only work as long as you have everything in a particular group IMO isn't useful.

I'd rather see "interests", i.e. "subscribe" to certain groups to get notification of new packages in that group. And there needs to be a way to run updates without pulling new packages (and once I've declined a new package from a group I am subscribed to, I should never be prompted about it again).

--
Matthew
"Ah, yes. Control the media and you control the world."