Re: comps discussion at fudcon and the future

> seth vidal (skvidal fedoraproject org) said:
> > > I'm still not seeing how, in this model, you implement our current
> > > language support groups sanely at all. "We'll just take that feature out"
> > > isn't really a viable answer.
> >
> > So, currently we have magical hooks in anaconda which grabs the
> > languages you want when you select a certain language. How is that not
> > possible with this groups mechanism?
>
> A large portion of the language support is built around conditional
> packages.

Conditional packages were viewed, from the outset, as something that had
to go. One way or the other conditional pkgs were going to get beaten
up.

Jeremy, would you care to expand on this? You seem to hold a special
kind of hate in your heart for conditionals.

-sv