[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 16:05:56 UTC 2009

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> You make it sound so logic, I can only agree with you. You're right. I
> hadn't read anything, I can't remember anything, let alone keep in mind
> what everyone's ideas, comments and recommendations were and shape them
> into the skeleton (read: *THE SKELETON*) of a new process. I'm
> definitely a fail.

The process is defined and decisions being made where majority of the
people affected by the process cannot participate. Nobody posts a
meeting summary.

The spin process wiki page doesn't say draft or skeleton or anything
like that. It appears on it's own and a vote is being rushed based on
that in a IRC meeting (which I cannot attend) where a lot of details
haven't been discussed yet.

A new procedure for reports every week has been added to the process
where nobody has even a vague idea (according to you) on what it should
contain.  This all doesn't look like the right thing to do.

>> * Postpone the IRC meeting and voting now. It is too early and there has
>> not been enough details to warrant a vote yet.
>>

> NO! Period. Exclamation-mark. Fullstop. Why not? Because our next
> meeting would be only ~2 weeks prior to Beta freeze. Don't recall the
> timeline exactly, don't care enough to look it up for you.

Regardless of the time period, rushing through a vote with a skeleton
proposal isn't going to benefit anybody. It would just lead to more
confusion as has been evident over 3 releases in the past. So give it
time and work through the details carefully.

> Obviously, I haven't read the rest of your email, doh! I'm obviously
> responding to things I don't read?

Then I don't see the point of asking me to read a process wiki which has
very few details. I have already read and commented on it.

> I think you're confusing blunt criticism with constructive commentary.

Perhaps but I am tired of running around and want it to stop. I have
wasted enough time unnecessarily. I am very frustrated with this
repeatedly. Let's get it right, this time.

> You're not explaining anything, you're dismissing everything we did for
> reasons of your absence and <insert-the-other-favorite-here>, almost
> entirely similar to how I'm dismissive towards you

Since I am not present, I can't know why without you and others who did
attend post some details. Any of those attended post a summary please?

> Other pages needed to complete the details on these pages you have so
> far should be in the making but somehow the person tasked to create
> those pages does not seem to be able to find the time to actually do
> what he's intended to do.

Who is that? Can he do it before the voting?

Rahul