Re: comps discussion at fudcon and the future

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 03:46:20PM -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Josh Boyer wrote:
Ok, but if group-metapkg has Requires on all the packages in the
group, then won't:

yum remove foo-is-part-of-group

hit the Requires on group-metapkg and have yum try to remove it,
along with everything else?
For the benefit of the list, the answer is "yes". This is why I don't like using metapackages this way; you can't selectively install them.

Actually, the answer is no.

Oh, sorry. It will remove the metapackage. I missed the part about "everything else".

Let me try again:

Will it remove the metapackage?
Yes.

Will removing the metapackage remove everything else?
No*.

(* assuming remove-with-leaves isn't in use)

Jesse's reply pretty much hits right on what my complaint is.

--
Matthew
"Doggy!" -- Robots from Freefall (http://freefall.purrsia.com)