Help with C Code in Fedora

Hi,
I am new to Linux and just installed Fedora 10 on my Machine. I wanted to develop graphical libraries using C (not C++). Can anyone please tell me if there is some place where I can download these graphical Libraries. For example if I want to display a pixel on the screen can someone please explain how I could do so using C
Edit/Delete Message