Re: Keyboard shortcut buttons logs out of Gnome/X

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:56:36AM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop keyboard/mouse 2000.  And in F10 the
> keyboard shortcuts (buttons to start email, browser, volume adjustments,
> etc..) work just fine.
>
> In Rawhide, if I hit one of them, it logs me out of Gnome/X and back to
> the login screen.  I tried setting the keyboard to the MS Wireless
> Multimedia keyboard 1A but that doesn't help.  Not sure it matters what
> I select.  Any ideas  and what component would I file a bug against if I
> need to?

xorg-x11-server. Check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old after such an incident
occured, it'll probably have an error towards the end reporting a crash.

Please open a bug for that and attach the log file, your xorg.conf (if you
have one) and also tell us which button actually makes the server unhappy.

Cheers,
  Peter