Re: Massive fallout from missing libssl.so.7 et al

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 13:32 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:28:08 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> >   /usr/bin/git: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.7:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> The problem is that the openssl package was supposed to contain symlinks for
> libssl.so.7 and libcryoto.so.7, and rpm -ql says that the package does contain
> them, but they are, in fact, missing from the filesystem.

I have tested it, but apparently the hack doesn't work in 100% cases.
The ldconfig probably removes the symlinks in some cases.  :(

I call ldconfig -X in the %post of openssl which should update the cache
and not remove the symlinks. Any subsequent calls to ldconfig should not
remove the symlinks - at least they do not on the system where I tested
that. So there must be someting else in play.

For example in the mock builds the symlinks work otherwise many of the
rebuilds which I've already done would fail.
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb