Problem with autotools

I am trying to build a package and the source relies on autotools. I'm
getting an error during the build install stage that I don't
understand.
Below are the pastes to the errors I am getting when trying to run
'rpmbuild -bi'

rpmbuild full output: http://fpaste.org/paste/1661
spec file: http://fpaste.org/paste/1662
rpmbuild output (short version): http://fpaste.org/paste/1664

Anyone familiar with this error that knows how to fix it?
I'm pretty sure a patch is needed and I know how to make and apply a
patch I just don't know where to begin at making the patch.

Thanks,