Trouble with koji (%_font_pkg macro)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jan 18 18:54:33 UTC 2009

Le dimanche 18 janvier 2009 à 18:50 +0100, Jochen Schmitt a écrit :

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:30:21 +0100, you wrote:
>

> >See
> >https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2009-January/msg00090.html
>
> Tahnk you, that you have tried to help me. Unfortunately, I
> didn't got any success after reading the cited link.
>
> The issue is, that the name of the main package, which is not a
> font package is aplus-fsf. The font subpackage should named
> aplus-fsf-fonts.

Actually, it should be named aplus-fsf-somefontname-fonts according to
guidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Font_package_naming_(2009-01-13)

Since you're not following guidelines it's not surprising our macros
fail you.

The requirement to specify the font family name in the package name is
here to help users easily identify the package content, to force
packagers to respect
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Font_package_splitting_rules_(2008-12-21)

and actually make them check they know the history and legal conditions
of the fonts they make us ship
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shipping_fonts_in_Fedora_(FAQ)#How_can_I_check_if_my_fonts_present_a_legal_risk.3F

So you do have to look inside your font files, find the font names and
licensing conditions, and only then sub-package them.

--
Nicolas Mailhot