Why different keys for -testing and non-testing?

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 19 18:39:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 15:16 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> One advantage (which may or may not be enough to warrant keeping the
> keys separate) is that if you want to ensure no packages from
> updates-testing are installed on a box, you can easily do so by not
> importing the testing key.  I don't think any of the tools
> automatically import keys without prompting, the user, correct?

 yum-cron will automatically import the key if you enable
updates-testing, and have updates enabled. yum-updatesd should do so as
well, again assuming installing updates is enabled.
 I'd assume that PK will do the same if you have enabled auto updates
there.

 Also given that you can use --nogpgcheck and/or install key; install
pkg; remove key ... you can't guarantee that there are no
updates-testing pkgs just because there is no key currently.
 find-repos-of-install in yum-utils is the much better tool here.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora