Re: New package from one source

Casey Dahlin пишет:
Bill Nottingham wrote:
Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) (forum ru bir ru) said:
As was mentioned in there discussion I want package it and push to Fedora (it is open source and maintained). So, main question - is it normal situation have second package (I intend call it like apache-itk) with one source, which used in other rpm (apache) in repository? Is really there any legal issues or etc.?

I don't think shipping separate rebuilds of core system daemons that
consist of adding 66k of non-upstream patch is a good idea.

Bill

seconded. If it isn't good enough for upstream we don't want it.
Hmm. May you more explain why??
We have many packages with completely dead upstream. I'm not sure, but may be it is even not be presented apache upstream.