Koji: ServerOffline

Jitesh Shah jiteshs at marvell.com
Tue Jan 20 11:05:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 11:26 +0100, Xavier Lamien wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Jitesh Shah <jiteshs at marvell.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Yes, I have already double-checked my koji-hub configuration. Both the
> > DBUser and DBName are correct. Infact, I had been running koji here for
> > more than a fortnight and it worked like a charm.
>
> did you do any update since ?

Nope ... didn't update koji!

> > Also, I can connect with to the psql database using the same values as
> > in DBName and DBUser variables through commandline. So, what might cause
> > the failure when invoked through python scripts?
>
> Do you also tried to figure out what happen in the DB side when
> invoked your cmd-line ?

As I mentioned earlier, it works fine through commandline!

Update:
I suspect that the issue is related to failed transactions.
The file /usr/share/koji-hub/kojixmlrpc.py suggests that the
koji.db.connect fails.
I had been running koji-shadow script and it failed mysteriously. I see
this "ServerOffline: Database outage" message from that point on. I
think the rollback() in koji.db.connect fails due to some not-yet-known
reason. I am looking into it further.

Jitesh