pkg-config-0.21-requires-private-fix.patch breaks Requires.private Cflags

Hello there,

the pkg-config-0.21-requires-private-fix.patch breaks Requires.private
Cflags. There is already a bug opened with respect to this issue since
a year now.

I was recently ping'ed by an upstream complaining about why this patch
is still being shipped.

My question is what is the solution to this issue and what should both
packagers and upstream do ?

Since we have many upstream projects using Fedora to develop their
software, I believe we can not afford to keep it broken.

Kind regards,