Re: F10 and no root login - impossible to maintain systems!

Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
Hi folks,

I've been holding back my tongue on this one, but I've been bitten by it enough times now that I think I can write something with a clear head. To put it shortly: disallowing root logins by default is a complete headache for systems where anything goes wrong. I've run into several different failure modes now: if / and /tmp get full, it's impossible to login as a normal user, and if NFS goes down and /home isn't accessible, one cannot login to fix the problem.

You can at run level 3. You can even start X after that.

Rahul