[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [QA] To clone or not to clone ( a bug report ) that's the question...

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:46:48 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg hi is> wrote:

> When a Bug Hunter encounters the same bug in past (supported )
> release, current release and rawhide.
> Should he..
> A.
>      File the same bug 3 times as in once for each release?
> Or
> B.
>      File the bug once and comment on that report that the same bug
>      is present in the other release(s) as well?

I prefer B. If it becomes obvious to the maintainer that they need to
separate things out, they can clone the bug then. If their work flow
works best doing that then they can, without forcing more bugs on them
if it does not. 

I personally ask submitters when they say it's affecting more releases
or if they report against f10: "Do you think this warrants an update?
Will you test it for me on that release?"

Sometimes they say "no, I just wanted it fixed, fix it in rawhide and I
will get it the next time there is a reason to update stable releases"
and sometimes they want/need it fixed in the release they are seeing it

> Cast your opinions and vote on how you prefer it.

I don't think voting is a good idea. 
I think we should try and come to a consensus on what will help our
maintainers and triagers and reporters handle bugs.

> The majority of the outcome will decide on how Bug Hunters will be 
> directed to
> handle this.

I don't think a poll on the devel list should be used for this... 
Can't we agree on whats least disruptive and use that?



Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]